That’s far better than the 50 percent of Inc. 500 companies that have a corporate YouTube account. Hooray for the nonprofit sector for being more progressive than its corporate counterpart.
The YouTube bandwagon is worth jumping aboard when you consider its rapid growth (50 percent increase in views in a year) and its reach. For example, YouTube:
- is the world’s No. 2 search engine, second only to Google.
- gets 3 billion searches a month.
- is used by half of all Internet users.
- reaches more U.S. adults age 18-34 than any cable network.
If your fundraising incorporates social media, and it should, YouTube should be a significant part of your strategy. There are many ways YouTube videos can strengthen connections with supporters, showing them how their dollars are being used to benefit a cause or thanking them for their support.
The great thing about YouTube is that almost everyone taps into it. It is cross generational, although like most everything Internet, it does skew to younger people. Here are a few numbers as evidence:
Visiting YouTube at least once a month:
- 70 percent of Millennials
- 58 percent of GenXers
- 49 percent of younger Baby Boomers
- 40 percent of older Baby Boomers
- 30 percent of Golden Gens
So if you aren’t using YouTube, start. It is a great way to send a message to your donors.
Interested in how Bluegrass can help?
See what we can do.
You may also like...
Leave a Comment